Hi -- my pen name is Sammie and my husband is Ben.
Is my family like all of yours? I hope not.
I'm in my mid-60's, in great physical shape, educated, "courteous, friendly, kind. . . " and I think I have most all the other well known Boy Scout traits. I'm just your average normal, good person. I think.
But this is my life: my husband and I are shunned by 2 of our 3 sons and their families, who live next door, on the property we gave them. Our third son barely talks to us. Our daughter and her family adore us.
I'm writing this blog to try to connect with others who live in similarly odd family situations. I know we aren't alone. Let's learn from one another, and go forward and upward in life, with or without those who currently reject us.
What works for you? I'll share some things that work for me. I'm determined to make something good of our sadness and loss. Let's do it together.
No comments:
Post a Comment